Thursday, November 29, 2012

Available on ebay. Title: "Just Had to Stop and Look"

Oil on Linen 8x10 in.
Sold

For some reason my camera didn't like to accurately capture the colors and values in this painting. With a little editing this is close to the original.
In the fall I spend a lot of time in the woods with my English Setter. This scene was breathtaking and stopped me in my tracks. I decided to try and get it down in paint. There is some heavy impasto. Quite a lot of vigorous brushstrokes too. I'm trying a few different techniques with the hope of incorporating them into my gallery pieces. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Elmira, New York, United States
In many ways I think like a photographer. The image itself is becoming more and more important to me; the actual application of paint less and less. Blasphemy in some painterly circles. I choose to paint figures and portraits because I consider them the most difficult subject.

Followers