Thursday, November 8, 2012

Available on EBay Title: One Bright Day

Sold
  Every Wednesday myself and a few other painters hire a model to paint from. This was a very bright summer's day and the window had an eastern exposure. Normally we worked in the studio with a north light, but on this day the director told us the gallery was available. It has large plantation shutters throwing interesting patterns. The challenge here was to somehow convey the brightness of this hot summer light and the cool values of the interior.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Elmira, New York, United States
In many ways I think like a photographer. The image itself is becoming more and more important to me; the actual application of paint less and less. Blasphemy in some painterly circles. I choose to paint figures and portraits because I consider them the most difficult subject.

Followers