Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Available on ebay. Titled: "Back Study"

Oil on linen 8x10 in
Sold
 
Same young woman as in the painting below but a different day. Wearing a white sundress, the raking light from a window to her right really defined her back. As you can see she's quite athletic. As a matter of fact I saw her one-touch a soccer ball this summer...a pass that had my jaw drop. And she was just fooling around. This was a fun painting to paint. I'm not sure I did the image justice and may revisit it in a gallery painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Elmira, New York, United States
In many ways I think like a photographer. The image itself is becoming more and more important to me; the actual application of paint less and less. Blasphemy in some painterly circles. I choose to paint figures and portraits because I consider them the most difficult subject.

Followers