Friday, December 7, 2012

Available on ebay. Title: "Nude Dancer"

oil on linen 8x10 in
Sold
From our Wednesday model sessions. This was painted in my studio. I was looking to capture the pose and light falling across the model. She's a dance major whose poses never fail to inspire. The tile floor was a challenge also.
Note the actual painting is a bit warmer than this photo suggests. For some reason the photo came out cooler and I ran out of patience trying to find the correct color temperature while editing. Oh well. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Elmira, New York, United States
In many ways I think like a photographer. The image itself is becoming more and more important to me; the actual application of paint less and less. Blasphemy in some painterly circles. I choose to paint figures and portraits because I consider them the most difficult subject.

Followers