Monday, April 5, 2010

My Application to DailyPainters.com: Status

So three months ago I applied to DailyPainters.com hoping that if I were juried in I'd increase hits on my EBay sales. DailyPainters juries in their artists quarterly - so I waited. I'd hoped to hear from them last week, but there was nothing. So I waited. Then today I get an email from Micah Condon, the top guy, I guess: 


Hello -
I'm excited to announce that DailyPainters.com will be hosting a contest to find our next new member! We'll post the details soon, so stay tuned. This contest will take the place of our usual jury process, so after we start the contest you'll need to post a new application with a bit more detail about yourself.
If you'd like to be notified when we start the contest, you can signup for our mailing list here, or just watch our contest page at www.dailypainters.com/blog/contest
Also, I'll be hosting a FREE art marketing workshop in Boulder, CO on April 24th. So, if you're in the Boulder area I'd love to see you there. You can find full event details here:http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106234106083806. Or, if you know any artists in Colorado who may be interested, please tell forward the link to them.
I'll also have a dvd and audio recordings available after the event for those who can't attend the live workshop
Thanks!
Micah Condon


This stinks. I feel like I've been had. Man, just give me a 'yes' or 'no' and maybe a 'why'. I was iffy about this whole thing anyway because you have to pay them 49$ a month for the honor. I figured it might be worth it for the increased traffic. Now I think it's just another scam. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Elmira, New York, United States
In many ways I think like a photographer. The image itself is becoming more and more important to me; the actual application of paint less and less. Blasphemy in some painterly circles. I choose to paint figures and portraits because I consider them the most difficult subject.

Followers