Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Few Sketches






A couple of weeks ago I had the idea of copying paintings as exercises.  I brought up on my mac screen or printed out drawings and paintings from artists I admire like Mark Demsteader and Henry Yan.  After copying a few of them I went to my own reference files, and using photos from our model sessions, I took what I learned from copying and tried to apply it.  I like the way it turned out and think it has helped even in live model sessions. The above sketches are from: (l to R) todays model session, a session in March and one from the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Elmira, New York, United States
In many ways I think like a photographer. The image itself is becoming more and more important to me; the actual application of paint less and less. Blasphemy in some painterly circles. I choose to paint figures and portraits because I consider them the most difficult subject.

Followers