Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer Time

Our family has been on Summer Time since the kids got out of school. Every week there is something going on. My painting hours are dropping precipitously. (Watching the Tour de France isn't helping matters.) There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day, and when I do have the time, I haven't the energy. So I found myself painting late at night just to get the time in, and I'm not sure this was at all productive. Then I hit upon the brilliant scheme of getting up early in the morning - like 0530 - to paint. Hey I can get a few hours in before the kids get up and the day starts. I've found I'm a morning painter anyway, so it was early to bed and early to rise...it worked for about two days. Connor and Jillian decided if Dad was up they would be too. There went my early AM personal time.

Our model sessions are scheduled at two different times: 0930 or 1100, all depending on various factors. We three painters: Bruce, Jackie and myself have all noticed a distinct mood depending on the time of the session. 0930 sessions are full of energy, lots of give-and-take, serious concentration. 1100 sessions are much mellower, slower, and shorter. This past Wednesday's session was like that.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to paint, you should forget about sleeping, really, seriously!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Elmira, New York, United States
In many ways I think like a photographer. The image itself is becoming more and more important to me; the actual application of paint less and less. Blasphemy in some painterly circles. I choose to paint figures and portraits because I consider them the most difficult subject.

Followers